Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Five - Green Things

Share 5 or your green things...Well, it's been a while since I did a F5 so here goes...

1. I don't know why I have so many green vases I mean I do like vases but green is not a favourite colour of mine so what happens! this morning again at a garage sale the one at the front of this pic spoke to me and I just had to buy it

The other vases here were also garage sale buys. I can't seem to pass glass vases and no I don't use them for flowers as I very rarely display cut flowers indoors.

2. These 4 Yukka plants went in as 6 inch plants now they peer over into my neighbours yard like Triffids
The leaves are quite sharp and hubby wants me to cut them back which is not as drastic as it sounds. I think all I have to do is remove some of the leaves from around each plant and I noticed today baby growths have started to sprout around the bottom of each plant so new plants to pot up and sell maybe...

3. My mothermade this at pottery class not long before she died, unfortunately there is a chip but I'd never part with it

4. My first orchid flower, lovely isn't it




5. And last but not least this fellow another garage sale buy has pride of place on my deck...to scare off any unwelcome sprites and creatures of the night

I've enjoyed this return hope you have too

1 comment:

JBinford-Bell said...

I have one of those plants. I thought it was some sort of palm. Like my other plants moved to my studio it is thriving on the light through the windows.

I always find it odd what we are called upon to collect like your green vases. For me it is pewter individual salt and pepper shakers. And like you I seldom use them. But every time I buy a set I have this image of a huge dinner party with each attendee with their own salt and pepper set. No pass the pepper please.

I enjoyed your Friday Five.